Affinity Forums : PIRC Facebook Affinity : PIRC Webpage :
PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery : Affinity Graphics

Author Topic: Picture Frame ?  (Read 229 times)

Offline TeejayTopic starter

Picture Frame ?
« on: March 11, 2019, 03:44:10 am »
does anyone know what the 'Picture frame ' option does on the right click on a selected shape.

Offline Linda2

Re: Picture Frame ?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2019, 07:55:49 am »
Taking a very wild guess here, but a large set of crossed lines appeared  in the middle.  I tried it and then went over to place a picture, selected several,  and each time it placed the selected image within the object I was making.  Of course I really have no good idea but it's a start.

You have been assigned this mountain to show others it can be moved.

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2019, 09:06:36 am »
neat i think you craccked it
 i must have a go and see if the image is movable  or is it warped if it is to wide or tall

Offline Shonna

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2019, 02:10:45 pm »
yes you can move the image around just gave it a go with my picture of myself....

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2019, 02:16:13 pm »
Thanks shonna thats good to know.

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2019, 03:06:17 pm »
I haven't checked it out yet but I would guess it's pretty much like the picture frames in PagePlus and the other Serif programs.  You drag out a frame and can pop a picture in it and it will fit perfectly?  Gotta go take a looks!! :thumb3:
Find a need and fill it!  . . .

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2019, 04:51:08 pm »
Yep, it's exactly as the picture frames in PagePlus.  Try this:

1.  Draw out a Star from the left tool bar (or a rectangle, or whatever you want.

2.  Right-click and convert to picture.  It will have cross lines in the center.

3.  With the image active, add a brush stroke  of your choice.

4.  Again, with the image active,  use the Place Image tool and navigate to a photo (or whatever), click to select it, click OK.  The image will automatically appear in your picture frame.

You can now go to the Layers panel, select the picture and edit it, resize it, etc.

That's it!  I use this feature a lot in PagePlus.. is very handy!

I haven't checked into how to create picture frames that can be saved for future use but...  you could make cool frames and add them to the Assets panel.  This is a really nice little toy!!

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2019, 01:34:58 am »
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhoooooooooooooooooooooo

am off to play

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2019, 03:21:53 am »
i had a quickie and i found that you can have many many many  shapes at once ...
and select them all and choose picture frame and the single image you choose will be fitted to all at once

a siet if quick arty-farty look
i like it

Offline Linda2

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2019, 03:58:50 am »
Oh my goodness....how genius is this!!   Thanks MaryLou and teejay!  Must have a go at this later today.   :brav01:  It just keeps getting better and better.
Checked to see if it would work with blocks of text. It does.

You have been assigned this mountain to show others it can be moved.

Offline San

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2019, 01:06:28 pm »
This is great fun playing around you can even change the frame using the node tool or convert to curves and even change stoke colours after you have made it a picture frame.

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2019, 08:56:33 pm »
I use frames a lot in my newsletter.  I have a template with 6 frames that I use over and over. I can just replace the picture.  It sure saves me a lot of time!  I need to spend some time to figure out how to make my own frames and save them.

Offline Frances

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2019, 12:58:22 am »
And I just discovered that you can drag in an image from an explorer window and drop it on the picture frame and done!

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2019, 02:56:36 am »
haaaaaaaaaaaaaahahhaah i am spoilt for choice ..
i am like a rabbit in the headlights i dont know which way to go first

it is fabulous how much one teensy insy thing can make so much difference

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2019, 09:30:29 pm »
I"m pretty excited to see it in AD!  I used it a lot today but in PagePlus.  It has a nice feature to create your own frames but again, I doubt they could  be used in AD.  If I I ever remember to do it, I'll give it a try.

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)