Affinity Forums : PIRC Facebook Affinity : PIRC Webpage :
PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery : Affinity Graphics

Author Topic: Re:Bad Treament at AD forum -  (Read 257 times)

Offline MaryLou

Re:Bad Treament at AD forum -
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2019, 03:52:59 pm »
The thing I like about AD is watching it grow. The first beta wasn't too bad but we had all been spoiled by the goodies in DrawPlus and wanted more.  We are getting more step by step.  It will grow into its own in time.  NONE of the great programs started out with everything.  They all had to grow up over the years. 

After having used PhotoImpact from it's 3 version up through its 13th version. I never thought I would ever find a graphic program that I liked as well.  DrawPlus came close but I still went back to PI for various things.  However, I find that now, I am forgetting how to use the tools in PI!  Horrors!  Never thought that would happen. There are still a few things I cannot do with AD that I do in PI but I know the day will come when we will have to part company.  I am one who does NOT like change but sometimes, change is good! :lol02:
Find a need and fill it!  . . .

Online Mali

Re:Bad Treament at AD forum -
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2019, 09:54:47 am »
I think all programmes should be beta tested first. Not all are as far as I am aware. I have purchased (and used) Adobe Photoshop and Corel Painter for years and never been invited to take part as a beta tester and feel pretty sure I would have been invited if beta testers were necessary before launch. Having said that both programmes are launched with a full arsenal of tools...all the basics and more. Ideal for me and I suspect the majority of their users. However the caveat to having a full arsenal is the price of the software. Even so with that in mind, I think tools such as Warp and Mesh are pretty basic tools and should have been included from the very version of AD in my opinion, given that it is considered to be an all encompassing serious graphics programme and in competitive with the big boys....PS and Painter.  Now what doesn't make sense is that Affinity Photo has some of the tools that AD doesn't yet is around the same price to the user. So I am not sure price is the reason for the short fall of tools in AD.

AD is improving with each version but its taking a long time to get there. I am curious as to whether the cost of the programme will eventually inflate.....highly likely!
Tomorrow is another day. Today is now, live it to the full!.

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)