Affinity Forums : PIRC Facebook Affinity : PIRC Webpage :
PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery : Affinity Graphics

Author Topic: IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT - PLEASE READ!!!  (Read 462 times)

Offline Majse

Re: IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT - PLEASE READ!!!
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2019, 07:56:55 AM »
I am sooooo thankful for all you have done -  all of you. I know it takes tons of work to run a forum. I used to have my own forum with psp but I closed it for the same reasons. I have never liked facebook and I never will

But I am happy Pirc will stay open for us to play and keep in contact  :clapping: I think we'll still have lots of fun  :sheep:

Offline Grethe

« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2019, 08:56:19 AM »
I don't know what to say. I'm sad, but at the same time it could be interesting to see what others are doing and what tutorials they write or find. I'm not good at that, and I assure you, I'm not a good teacher... :lol02: So no tutorials from me!

Thanks to our admin and moderators for what you have done over the years! If I could I would have sent you flowers...and Teejay of course chocolate plenty! :laugh2:

I will try to condribute, but I will try tutorials as long as I find them.

Love you all, and see you in the coming years too! :watering:

And BTW I'm on Facebook...and that is not so dangerous as some think it is.  :no-no:

Offline Mali

« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2019, 11:53:04 AM »
This is sad news but expected. I will continue to post here if there is enough interest and for as long as the board remains open. 

I would like to thank Admin, Mods and everyone that has become a board pal. Thank you all for your inspiration and enjoyable company.   

Good idea to post projects or tutorials that will encourage one another to try out. Guess that's what we need to do if we want the board to remain open, that simple.
Tomorrow is another day. Today is now, live it to the full!.

Offline MaryLouTopic starter

« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2019, 12:00:09 PM »
This will be a new idea - a new way to do things.  It will be a mini facebook but with a little more structure.  No schedules to keep, no major rules.  It will be a far more relaxed atmosphere.  If it doesn't work out..  we tried.  If it does, we'll have our own mini Facebook! 

Actually, Facebook gets a bad rap.  You can keep your information as private or as public as you want. You  don't have to put anything on your FB page, you just need to have one in order to access and post in other FB pages.  Our FB page has 279 members who post their work now and again, some comment on what others have done, some post new tutorials, etc.  That's exactly what we will be doing here. 

Linda, between you and Teejay, I don't know which one is the worse!!  Honestly, my monitor is now spattered with drops of tea because I laughed so hard reading your comments!!   The world could have a real problem if the two of you ever got together in person!!   :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :watering:
Find a need and fill it!  . . .

Offline Linda2

« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2019, 12:39:10 PM »
Oh yeah....I am the good one. She eggs me on.  But you're right MaryLou.  If we ever met in real life I'll bet it would look something like this:

You have been assigned this mountain to show others it can be moved.

Offline Teejay

« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2019, 01:30:44 PM »
Yes we would need a heap load of 'depends'

Offline Grethe

« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2019, 02:35:09 PM »
Who is blondie?  :lol02:

Offline Linda R

« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2019, 02:57:43 PM »
If Teejay and Linda ever meet up, I hope I'm there too!  That's a party I don't want to miss!   :whoo:

Offline Teejay

« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2019, 03:47:17 PM »
yea   who is this blondie person...warpy its a date...

Offline Linda2

« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2019, 04:54:01 PM »
teehee…… the blondie person is the first color I came to when I changed brushes...(or me after a bad color job)

You have been assigned this mountain to show others it can be moved.

Offline Mali

« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2019, 11:21:04 AM »
Debbie Harry Grethe!  :bdance:
Tomorrow is another day. Today is now, live it to the full!.

Offline San

« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2019, 01:19:47 PM »
Would love to be a fly on the wall at the meeting it would be fun but they most probably would swat me.

Offline Frances

« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2019, 08:50:01 PM »
I'm very new here and due to some family issues I haven't been on here in a few weeks but I do hope that PIRC does stay around I hope to continue to participate as time allows and I may even post some video tutorials that everyone will be welcome to try :)

Offline Grethe

« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2019, 12:45:04 AM »
Good to see you again, Frances!  We'll stay here forever!  :easter11:

Offline Teejay

« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2019, 04:03:41 AM »
hello frances its lovely to see you again and you can count me in for any videos ... i love learning and playing.

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)