Affinity Forums : PIRC Facebook Affinity : PIRC Webpage :
PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery : Affinity Graphics

Author Topic: Rege...sorry about Notre Dame  (Read 71 times)

Offline GretheTopic starter

Rege...sorry about Notre Dame
« on: April 16, 2019, 06:09:10 AM »
I don't know if you live in Paris, Rege. Anyway, it is terrible what happend to the beautiful and extraordinary Notre Dame.  :sad:

Online Rege

Re: Rege...sorry about Notre Dame
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2019, 07:45:31 AM »
No Grethe, I don't live in Paris but by the sea, in the west of the country.
Unfortunately, this is not the first time that this type of fire has occurred during renovation work on old buildings, as is the case for Notre-Dame.
25 years ago, it was the Parliament of Brittany (17th century building) in Rennes that was destroyed, not during construction work, but by a fire started by distress rockets fired in the city centre by fishermen during a demonstration against the fall in fish prices!
I have seen that this unfortunate event is stirring up emotions all over the world and I thank you for your kind words.
Windows 10 ; Affinity Designer & Affinity Photo

Offline Teejay

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2019, 08:04:35 AM »
what a great shame

Online Rege

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2019, 08:22:00 AM »
You are right, Teejay, and it took 5 years and 55 million euros to rebuild the parliament.
I am afraid that for Notre Dame it will take even more time and money.
All these events are really disappointing, especially since they are generally due to human stupidity or are the result of failure to comply with safety instructions during restoration or maintenance work.
Windows 10 ; Affinity Designer & Affinity Photo

Offline GretheTopic starter

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2019, 08:47:49 AM »
It is human to make mistakes, but the result can be this awful!

Bretagne/Normandie, Rege! Love that part of France as well Provence (of course). I was around France 1988 (I think), then in 1997 for a really long trip by car with my niece who speaks and teach french. Amazing tour we had, I drove, she spoke!  :laugh2:

BTW My first visit was in Paris in 1985 (I think)

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)