Affinity Forums : PIRC Facebook Affinity : PIRC Webpage :
PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery : Affinity Graphics

Author Topic: Activate - Beta - Mali  (Read 248 times)

Offline Teejay

Re: Activate - Beta - Mali
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2019, 12:27:32 AM »
Rege I may have been first but you said it with pictures.  And pictures are the winners every time  :elmo: :thumb3: :yeah: :animal04:

Offline MaliTopic starter

« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2019, 08:01:00 AM »
 I meant Selection lines but MA (not going to say it) came to mind first MaryLou. 

That is the problem Teejay. I've always been able to activate the Layer /  Selection lines by pressing CTL whilst clicking on the layer at the same time in both AD and AP (Paid versions) but this doesn't work in the Beta versions which is odd. There has to be an alternative way of activating the Layer in the Beta versions, it's a basic thing users would want to do. Can't find out how though.   

To change the Layer name I just double click on the Layer to get the option to type in the new name.

Thanks all for checking this out.
Tomorrow is another day. Today is now, live it to the full!.

Offline San

« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2019, 02:22:12 PM »
Mali not sure if this will help you.

I copied it from somewhere and put it in my tips.

Isolating objects
Isolation mode temporarily hides all layers apart from the selected layer. This allows you to focus on editing a selection without any distraction.

To activate isolation mode:
   On the Layers panel, hold down the Alt   and click on the thumbnail of an artboard, layer, group or object.
   Just click on work space to bring it back.
To select an object in a group hold down the Ctrl key and select object on workspace

Offline Linda R

« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2019, 02:44:13 PM »
Great tip San!!  That works great!   :thanks02: for sharing!   :animal04:

Offline MaliTopic starter

« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2019, 11:50:11 AM »
That's a handy tip San and I've saved it, thank you.

It's a bit different to activating the layer. Activating the Layer is useful as the selection lines prevent painting or editing outside the edges. There doesn't seem to be a way of doing this in the Beta versions unfortunately. :(
Tomorrow is another day. Today is now, live it to the full!.

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)