Affinity Forums : PIRC Facebook Affinity : PIRC Webpage :
PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery : Affinity Graphics

Author Topic: Recycling logo  (Read 388 times)

Offline RegeTopic starter

Recycling logo
« on: June 17, 2019, 07:47:04 AM »
As I used a logo symbolizing recycling in my tape design and this logo was made in another software program, I decided to do it again in AD.
There may be a simpler way to design this logo, but I still made a mini tutorial written and illustrated in pdf format to describe how I proceed. If courageous people are interested in testing, they are welcome.
Windows 10 ; Affinity Designer

Offline Linda R

Re: Recycling logo
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2019, 09:03:30 AM »
Nice little tut Rege!   :thanks02: for sharing it!

I did make one little change when I did it.  I was having trouble adjusting the arrow to get rid of the empty line from the divide.  So, I just duplicated that arrow section and then did the divide process with that one.  Then I deleted everything but the arrow head and moved it to the top. 

Offline Linda2

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2019, 10:25:40 AM »
Same here Linda.  I fiddled with the top arrowhead as well since I had a miniscule little "dot" left over.  I thought I did everything exactly as tutorial but since I am usually a bit looser when I am drawing something I figured that was not unusual for me.  Anyway, it all seemed to go very smoothly after I got over that little hurdle at the end.  Thanks Rege. Was fun.

You have been assigned this mountain to show others it can be moved.

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2019, 10:38:53 AM »
Thank you for trying Linda and congratulations for your logos.
I see that you have found a way around the head, there are often several ways to achieve the same result, you have done it, bravo!
I was not clear enough on how to use the "Node Tool".
There are at least two ways to use the "Node Tool" to fill the gap on the triangle.
1) To modify the sharp part, add a knot on each side between the gap and the tip. Then select the two original nodes on the gap side and drag them along their respective lines on the other side of the gap.
2) To modify the wide part, simply pull the middle of the line on the gap side with the "Node Tool" until it disappears completely, including on the sides.

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2019, 10:56:23 AM »
Thanks also to you Linda and congratulations for your logo! Your message confirms that the tutorial is not clear about the last arrowhead.

Offline Teejay

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2019, 01:11:37 PM »
Ohhhhhhh this looks really cool ..I will post mine as soon as i do it ...thankyou rege

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)