Affinity Forums : PIRC Facebook Affinity : PIRC Webpage :
PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery : Affinity Graphics

Author Topic: "Appearance" tab and brushes.  (Read 347 times)

Online RegeTopic starter

"Appearance" tab and brushes.
« on: July 01, 2019, 07:45:24 AM »
I try out the "Appearance" panel and I'm confused about the use of brushes.

1/ No problem if the line is a simple line (not a brush).

2/ If a two-tone brush is applied to the line and the color of the line is set to "None", the line disappears during duplication. To make it reappear you have to change from "None" to any color but the whole brush is then of this color, it is no longer bicolored. You can then choose the color for each copy, as for a normal line. The result is then completely different from the one expected.

3/ If the brush is white, it does not disappear during duplication, but the color change does not work, all copies remain white, only the contours seem to want to change, but not really. I suppose this is because the brushes are not vectorial.

For color brushes, if the line is set to "Black", the brush appears in gray, as in my example with the intersecting circles (top and right).

I may not have understood everything, but all this suggests to me that the "Appearance" tab is not very useful with brushes.
Windows 10 ; Affinity Designer

Offline Linda2

Re: "Appearance" tab and brushes.
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2019, 08:26:41 AM »
Rege, I admire smart folks, but sadly I am not one.  I see your inquiry and hope that some one of our smart gurus will come forward soon to be able to discuss this with you.  Thanks for trying to improve the program and our skills in using it the way it was intended.

You have been assigned this mountain to show others it can be moved.

Online RegeTopic starter

Re: "Appearance" tab and brushes.
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2019, 09:00:10 AM »
Linda, thank you for taking the time to answer, as you can see, I'm not that smart because I don't understand everything about how AD works (and many other things in real life!). :dunno2:
That's why I expose my problem on the forum, in the hope that someone more experienced than me can shed some light on it.
I suspect that this could be due to the fact that I stay in Draw Persona, I would have to try out Persona pixels to see if it would solve the color problem, but I don't like working with pixels, that's why I've never hooked up with Photoshop or even Affinity Photo that I'm no longer even trying to use, I'm a little stubborn! :sad:
Thank you also for the little drawing under your message. :thumb3:
Windows 10 ; Affinity Designer

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)