Affinity Forums : PIRC Facebook Affinity : PIRC Webpage :
PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery : Affinity Graphics

Author Topic: Can you? -Linda2  (Read 38 times)

Offline Linda2Topic starter

Can you? -Linda2
« on: July 09, 2019, 09:13:33 AM »
I have been messing about a good deal with brushes in AD lately....and have a minor annoyance that I wonder if anyone else has.....or maybe a solution to remedy it.  I have accumulated a good many brushes and they are at present all over the place in my folder.  I would like to have them more organized....or at least alphabetized , but I do not know how to go about it.  I have tried googling and going to the forum but have not been able as yet to find any help. I did see somewhere I think that the Assets could be arranged but nothing about how to do the brush folder.  Hoping some ADexpert here might have an answer.

You have been assigned this mountain to show others it can be moved.

Offline Rege

Re: Can you? -Linda2
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2019, 09:49:45 AM »
Linda, I'm afraid there's not yet a direct solution to reorganize the brushes, but it's something that has been asked for many times on the official forum.
You can try to export all brush categories, remove the originals from the tab and then import all categories in alphabetical order. This will be a lot of work and when you import new brushes afterwards, they will be placed at the bottom of the list, unless you change the name before importing.
I hope someone else will have a better solution for you!
Windows 10 ; Affinity Designer & Affinity Photo

Offline Linda2Topic starter

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2019, 10:38:23 AM »
Yes, sadly this is what I have been finding as well Rege.  I hoped that maybe it was just something I had overlooked but alas....not to be.  Well, I will simply carry on and watch for an update that may allow us to do it.    I appreciate your feedback.    :thanks02:

You have been assigned this mountain to show others it can be moved.

Offline Grethe

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2019, 10:38:42 AM »
I have the same experiences...and it is annoying. I really hope Serif will solve this really soon.

The app has been here now for a couple of years and most of us have collected quit a lot of brushes. We really need to be able to organize this a bit better without to have it the way you suggest, Rege.

Offline Linda R

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2019, 03:52:59 PM »
In case you didn't know, you can move brushes from one folder to another.  Such as, I have a folder named Teejay and when there were brushes she did for tuts or ones she so nicely shares with us, I move them all to her folder.  Then delete the folder that the install created. 

Offline San

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2019, 02:00:56 PM »
Linda I find that annoying as well I would like to have them in order as well but I have tried everything and it is something they do need to look at.

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)