Affinity Forums : PIRC Facebook Affinity : PIRC Webpage :
PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery : Affinity Graphics

Author Topic: Pop corn Rege  (Read 62 times)

Offline RegeTopic starter

Pop corn Rege
« on: July 14, 2019, 08:18:27 AM »
Linda, thanks for the idea, as usual I didn't follow the tutorial. I'm not really satisfied with the look of the popcorn but it has allowed me to take my mind off it: I'm installing what I need on my new laptop, and as you know, there's a better distraction! Fortunately, I can still use the old one during this time.
Windows 10 ; Affinity Designer

Offline Linda R

Re: Pop corn Rege
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2019, 11:04:31 AM »
Nice tub of "Pirc" popcorn Rege!  I like how you have displayed it too!  Good luck with your new laptop!  New technology is always fun to play with!

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2019, 11:22:38 AM »
 :thanks02: Linda, yes the difference is huge between the old (who is 6 years old) and the new laptop: for example AD now opens in 9 seconds whereas before it took him at least 5 minutes, sometimes up to more than 10! I also no longer have any slowing down or blocking with large files, it will change my life!  :yay:

Offline Linda2

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2019, 11:55:15 AM »
Wow, I really, really like what you have done here Rege.  The popcorn and tub are amazing!  I totally understand about doing a project for distraction.....if I am having a stressful day sometimes I come in here and open AD and start something.....most times I really have no idea what the end product might be, but I am able to immerse myself in drawing and I find when I do have to enter the "real world" , so to speak....my outlook has changed a good bit.  Your new laptop sounds like a dream for sure.  I am happy you have it and getting it set up to your specifications. Looking forward to seeing more of your always amazing work.  Thanks for giving the little tutorial a try.

You have been assigned this mountain to show others it can be moved.

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2019, 12:07:56 PM »
 :thanks02: Linda, I see that we work in the same way, AD actually allows us to disconnect temporarily from reality and from the problems (small and big) that we all know!
I intend to take advantage of this new computer and my only regret is that I don't have any talent as a draftsman.

Online Teejay

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2019, 01:57:31 PM »
yes you do rege you can draw beautifully

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2019, 02:46:13 PM »
Teejay, you're kind, but what I mean is that I'm unable to draw with a pencil on paper, like Linda2 for example, it's never my own drawings that I use on the computer.
In the 90s and until about 2010, I did a lot of things but for the characters I used cliparts that I more or less modified and I formed my drawings by assembling them and adding other things drawn with the "Pen Tool", to create the decor for example.
I also played a lot with the text, which is why I have a lot of fonts.

Offline San

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2019, 02:55:53 PM »
Your popcorn looks  :praise70: Rege.

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2019, 03:02:34 PM »
 :thanks02: San!

Offline Grethe

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2019, 03:40:30 AM »
Tasty popcorn, Rege!  :praise70:  :praise25:

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2019, 04:03:58 AM »
 :thanks06: Grethe!

Offline Lynn

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2019, 08:58:06 AM »
Looks like you created some caramel corn, Rege!  :praise08:

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2019, 09:14:41 AM »
 :thanks02: Lynn, you're right but it's unintentional, I used the "Cloud" tool with a texture and a slight Gaussian blur to attenuate the edges of each kernel, I didn't think the color would be so dark!

Offline Jette

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2019, 08:51:19 AM »
It looks so good

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2019, 09:08:06 AM »
 :thanks02: Jette!

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)