Affinity Forums : PIRC Facebook Affinity : PIRC Webpage :
PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery : Affinity Graphics

Author Topic: Christmas gift...Grethe  (Read 164 times)

Offline GretheTopic starter

Christmas gift...Grethe
« on: July 29, 2019, 06:01:16 AM »
For about 15 years I've made calendars to hang on the wall as gift for my family. This year I decided to use new and old photos and manipulated with them. Some you see what is, like this one, others are *gone*  :crazy:
It is fun and interesting to try and test different filters and live filters. I don't remember exactly what I did...I try to remember to write it down, but using the undo button a lot and back and forth, I just forget.  :laugh2:

Offline Linda R

Re: Christmas gift...Grethe
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2019, 12:05:40 PM »
 :loveit:  This is so beautiful Grethe!  :praise25:  Homemade calendars are a special gift!  I used to make them for my mom and she loved them. 
I am totally with you on that undo button.  By the time I hit something I like, I'm not real sure how I go there!   :laugh2:
Do you ever use the snapshots?  I have started using that feature in both AD and AP then I can decide what I like better or go back if I need to.

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2019, 01:06:45 PM »
 :thanks06: Linda!  :animal04:
I make 8 in A3, that is my closest family. :smiley01:
I create one and think it looks ok, save the .ap and continue and ooh, something new and save that as no 2 and so on. So I never use that snapshot. I can have about 3-5 with the same theme. So it takes time to choose too!  :laugh2:

The snapshot...Do you have the tutorial for that?

Offline Joy

• to-day is a perfect day-dont upset me
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2019, 11:35:25 PM »
great canvas painting

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2019, 01:03:05 AM »
 :thanks03: Joy!  :animal04:

Offline Linda R

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2019, 02:30:34 PM »
Grethe, I had a couple tuts for the snapshot but I guess I did not book mark them  :duh:  Here is one that I think describes it best.  I will keep looking for the other one I had.
I like to use it when I create something I like, but want to play and don't want to lose it or have to undo a million times!  When I did the mushrooms last week, I had them all in shades of whites and fills and then wanted to go with purple.  Instead of saving it as a whole new file, I just saved the snapshot.  I made my changes and saved another snapshot.  Then I could flip and decide what to do.  It would work good for your filter play too and you could name it with the filter you used.  Also, if you close and save your work, the snapshots are saved where the undo history is gone.   Both AD and AP have the snapshots.
Hope this helps!

Offline Teejay

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2019, 12:59:30 AM »
mmmmmmmmm i might give the snapshots a go too.

gorgeous gorgeous image grethe

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2019, 01:37:34 AM »
 :thanks03: Teejay!  :animal04:

Investigation! I added the option in both apps. In AD it bedded next to layers, in AP next to History. I look forward to try it out!  :thanks02: Linda!  :split:

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)