Affinity Forums : PIRC Facebook Affinity : PIRC Webpage :
PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery : Affinity Graphics

Author Topic: Decision Time!  (Read 117 times)

Offline MaryLouTopic starter

Decision Time!
« on: August 18, 2019, 01:44:52 PM »
Just stopping by to see how things are going now that the board is self-governing.  Looks like everyone is doing a good job of it!  :tada:   When I first changed the format to do-it-yourself, I said I would decide later if I would continue to keep the forum running or not.  Apparently, all is going well! 

My domain fees need to be paid by the 23rd of this month which is an annual expense.  I've decided to go ahead and pay for it so the board can stay on line.  Everyone has done such a great job of keeping this a nice place to hang out that I think it's worth spending the money to keep it on-line.  So... Enjoy!!!    :praise22:
Find a need and fill it!  . . .

Offline Lynn

Re: Decision Time!
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2019, 03:25:10 PM »
Great, MaryLou! I would hate to see the forum go. I don't know of any other place where I could go to do and share my Affinity creations. In fact, if the forum went, I would probably stop doing any graphics at all, and I really enjoy vectoring away!

Lynn

Offline Rege

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2019, 03:32:10 PM »
Thank you for that MaryLou, as Lynn I appreciate this forum and its participants, so I am very happy that the adventure continues.  :thumb3:
Windows 10 ; Affinity Designer

Offline San

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2019, 04:17:54 PM »
That is great MaryLou and thankyou I am sure everyone appreciates this forum.

Offline Linda2

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2019, 05:21:33 PM »
I'm like Lynn, currently I am not visiting any other forum and so if this one closed I don't think I would be nearly as active in trying to draw things and participate.  So it is with a very grateful heart that I read this for the coming year.  I will be happy to contribute to the cost of maintaining this one if you will allow it. 

You have been assigned this mountain to show others it can be moved.

Offline Linda R

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2019, 07:24:01 PM »
 :thanks06: MaryLou for keeping the forum going.  I agree with the others, if this forum wasn't here, I would not play as much as I do.  This group is so friendly and encouraging and fun!!   :animal04:

Offline Joy

• to-day is a perfect day-dont upset me
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2019, 12:59:48 AM »
keep on rolling along..love

Offline Teejay

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2019, 01:55:30 AM »
only one thing to say MaryLou
we LOVE you

Linda that calf is just adorable

Offline Grethe

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2019, 07:21:56 AM »
Thank you so very, very much, ML!  :bday06: :flowersmile: :flowersmile: :flowersmile:

I love to come here, find and share new things to try. The group is a big part of my life!  :thanks06: :thanks06:

Offline Majse

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2019, 11:19:17 AM »
It is so nice to hear from you, ML - and you bring good news LOLL. Thank you very much. I don't participate much but it seems like I can't leave all the nice people in the group

If you put a paypal-bottom on the forum I would like to contribute to the costs   :elmo:

Offline MaryLouTopic starter

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2019, 12:05:37 PM »
Linda, I LOVE your cow!!!   It's adorable!!   Thanks to everyone for offers to contribute but there's no need for that. I just paid for domain renewal yesterday and I can manage the rest.  As long as people are enjoying it, and as long as there is a reasonable amount of activity and everyone behaves like the great adults that you all are, the board will be here.  I don't mind paying for a place that people enjoy.  You all have been super great about self-governing.  That doesn't happen often but it shows the caliber of people that hang out here. 

I am totally enjoying NOT living on my computer. This is the first time I have not spent every single day in front of a monitor since I was in my early 30's!   Has been a huge change and I'm loving it. Sometimes miss creating graphics but  that passes.

And now, it's time for me to get back to my new hobby!!  Take care and most of all, ENJOY!!  :thumb3:

Find a need and fill it!  . . .

Offline Jette

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2019, 03:06:59 AM »
Fantastic I love this forum.

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)