Affinity Forums : PIRC Facebook Affinity : PIRC Webpage :
PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery : Affinity Graphics

Author Topic: Create virtual landscapes.  (Read 452 times)

Offline RegeTopic starter

Create virtual landscapes.
« on: September 21, 2019, 09:50:38 AM »
Another graphic tool: this one is much less complete than Terragen but it allows to create virtual landscapes that can be used as photos. Even if the manipulation is not always easy, especially at the beginning, it is quite addictive and with the images thus created, you will not have any copyright problem if you show them on the internet, for example for tests with AP or AD.
The software is not free but it is not expensive: it can be obtained for $10.00 USD.

https://pixelforest.itch.io/flowscape
Windows 10 ; Affinity Designer

Offline Linda R

Re: Create virtual landscapes.
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2019, 02:33:06 PM »
Looks like an interesting program!  Thanks for sharing the info Rege!

Offline Linda2

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2019, 04:21:40 PM »
Another interesting find Rege.  I once used Bryce to generate some backgrounds and such and looked briefly at Terragen before deciding that it was just more program than I needed....so I never bought it.  This looks like a wonderful little app for doing those kinds of things and maybe would be a bit easier to learn than the other.  I will have another look at it but I am so happy that you found these super programs/apps and posted links because I get so caught up in doing my thing that I forget that folks are developing these things all the time and they are generally easier to use now.   Thanks for showing  us new ways of doing things! It is very appreciated.

You have been assigned this mountain to show others it can be moved.

Offline Teejay

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2019, 01:03:30 AM »
Ohhhhhhhhhhhh .... perfect for my  fairy calendars am off to raid my piggy bank

Offline RegeTopic starter

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2019, 02:19:16 AM »
Another interesting find Rege.  I once used Bryce to generate some backgrounds and such and looked briefly at Terragen before deciding that it was just more program than I needed....so I never bought it.  This looks like a wonderful little app for doing those kinds of things and maybe would be a bit easier to learn than the other.  I will have another look at it but I am so happy that you found these super programs/apps and posted links because I get so caught up in doing my thing that I forget that folks are developing these things all the time and they are generally easier to use now.   Thanks for showing  us new ways of doing things! It is very appreciated.
Linda, I don't know Bryce but I tried Terragen a long time ago, with W 95 if I remember correctly, but my computer at the time (Pentium 3 basic) wasn't following and so I gave up.
I downloaded the latest version a week or two ago but the software has become a real gas factory and I didn't have the courage to try it, it seemed to me far too complicated to use for just leisure and I deleted it from the computer.
Windows 10 ; Affinity Designer

Offline San

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2019, 01:45:29 PM »
This looks great would be fun to create different images.

Offline Grethe

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2019, 06:03:35 AM »
Interesting, but I think I stick to my camera for landscape.  :crazy:

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)