Affinity Forums : PIRC Facebook Affinity : PIRC Webpage :
PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery : Affinity Graphics

Author Topic: I am back_Linda2  (Read 110 times)

Offline Linda2Topic starter

I am back_Linda2
« on: March 23, 2020, 06:40:17 PM »
I have not been participating in the group lately due to my husband's death  a week ago.  Now however, the family is all gone and I am on my own again....so I have been lurking in the background trying to pass the time by drawing , reading, cleaning house, etc. since we are on house quarantine with the exception of absolutely essential trips for necessities.  We did not even have a funeral for him due to the restrictions in place .so actually it all seems surreal.  We do plan a visitation/memorial service at a later date when the virus threat abates but for now I am trying to re-formulate my life.  I miss him terribly as we were married for 62 years last December and I have not been absolutely alone in many , many years.  Of course my immediate family is only a telephone call or short drive away but the house......the house....is silent.  I don't even have my beloved Mickey as she passed in January.   I promise I will not dwell on my issues though.  I look forward to getting my creative juices flowing again so today I sat down and did this little signature piece just to have something to do. 

You have been assigned this mountain to show others it can be moved.

Offline Linda R

Re: I am back_Linda2
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2020, 09:14:39 PM »
Linda I am so very sorry for your loss.  I hope all your wonderful memories from your years together can bring you some comfort.  Sending you a great big hug!!!
Glad to see you back, I always look forward to seeing your creations!  This one is very good for the way life is right now!

Offline Joy

• to-day is a perfect day-dont upset me
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2020, 01:38:21 AM »
i am so very sorry for your loss....you are doing the right thing in keeping busy....that was my downfall after hubby died... i had a year blackout and dont remember....i was 58years married .....i like you use the computer to keep my brain working and pass time...
lots of love

Offline Rege

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2020, 01:58:39 AM »
Linda, I'm very sorry for your loss, and I wish you all the courage you need for the future. Keep your mind busy with AD and continue to amaze us with your wonderful drawings!
Windows 10 ; Affinity Designer

Offline Teejay

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2020, 04:21:13 AM »
hello lovely
we love you sooooooooooooooooooooo much  and are here for you when ever you need us ...and when ever you dont need us too

Offline Grethe

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2020, 06:19:34 AM »
I'm so sorry for your loss of a dear husband, Linda! The silence I know all about. None to say goodmorning or goodnight to, was hard to get use to. But doing my hobbies with images and photos helped a lot. So try that the most you can.

Sending you warm thoughts and hugs, Linda!

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2020, 07:53:21 AM »
Thanks everyone.  Y'all will never....never know just how much you mean to me , especially at this time.  Yes, one keeps on simply because there is no other solution except to try and rebuild some semblance of life.  I had almost a year in which to prepare because after his last hospitalization in April 2019 the doctors pretty much told us there was nothing left to do.....so we came home to wait it out.  Still it was a gut punch when he went.  Just know that even though we have never met face to face I regard you all as old friends and appreciate your considerable talent and our shared interest in this app....AD.

Offline Lynn

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2020, 08:10:50 AM »
I'm like your sad dog, Linda, oh so sorry for your loss. That was a lot of years spent together!

We did miss you and will be looking forward to our interactions here at PIRC.

Offline San

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2020, 01:51:40 PM »
Linda I am so sorry for your sad lost 62 years is a long time to be together not many people make that many years together.

You know we are all here for you and I am glad you are still drawing as I just love seeing your different character and that little dog you did is just gorgeous.

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2020, 02:12:54 PM »
Thanks Lynn and San.  Yes , while I do mourn Ron, I realize that we shared 62 wonderful years and many , many fantastic adventures together.  I'm sure I could not have picked a better life partner with whom to share my life.  I miss him terribly...... for the past year a good bit of my time was spent tending to his needs so now I am having to start trying to make a new normal.  I have a most supportive family and even at this trying time we are lending emotional support to each other.  Thanks for your kind expressions of sympathy.  It means a lot to me. 

Offline Majse

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2020, 09:11:37 AM »
Linda, I am sorry to hear you have lost your husband. I don't know what to say but I feel for you and I send lots of warm thoughts and hugs, Majse

Offline Teejay

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2020, 02:34:27 AM »
that avatar is Brilliant

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)