Affinity Forums : PIRC Facebook Affinity : PIRC Webpage :
PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery : Affinity Graphics

Author Topic: Move Tool Not Working  (Read 180 times)

Offline LynnTopic starter

Move Tool Not Working
« on: April 07, 2020, 03:35:15 PM »
My Move Tool is not working. The only way I can move a shape is with the arrows for the 4 directions. I have no idea what is wrong.

Offline Linda2

Re: Move Tool Not Working
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2020, 04:56:22 PM »
Have not had this issue as of yet Lynn.  I will also do some searching to see if I can find anything pertinent.  You have updated to the latest v1.8.3 ?  I know some folks were reporting that the previous one was quite buggy.

You have been assigned this mountain to show others it can be moved.

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2020, 06:45:54 PM »
I have updated to the latest version of AD.

Offline Teejay

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2020, 01:34:10 AM »
have you tried holding down Ctrl while launching designer to do a full reset
 you may loose any settings you have already altered but it might reset your move tool.

when i have trouble selecting or moving things with the move tool i uncheck the auto scroll located in the layers menu panel

i am noticing that it is difficult to select an item with the move tool  by clicking on it in the workspace i am having to select it in my layers panel which is annoying

this is happening with the auto scroll checked and unchecked
i think they broke it....

Offline Linda2

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2020, 05:49:22 AM »

i am noticing that it is difficult to select an item with the move tool  by clicking on it in the workspace i am having to select it in my layers panel which is annoying

this is happening with the auto scroll checked and unchecked
i think they broke it....

Well, Ok then!  I have been having a little difficulty using the tool lately too.  I thought it was just me....or my poorer eyesight, anyway I am having to go to the layers panel much more frequently that before too.  Honestly I did not even know about the auto scroll  feature.  Good luck Lynn, I hope this fixes your problem.

You have been assigned this mountain to show others it can be moved.

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2020, 06:13:34 AM »
I'm glad it's not just my AD!

Thank you for your suggestions for work arounds, Teejay. I will give them a try.

I don't think I will try a reset just yet, as it seems it has not cured your problems with the Move Tool.

I wonder if this problem has been reported on the Affinity Forum? You could essentially give them your experience and image, Teejay, just as you gave here.

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2020, 06:30:41 PM »
I just opened AD this evening and checked to see if the Move Tool was still inoperative. To my surprise and relief, it is now working correctly.

I had not done anything to try to get it to work. I just hope that the return to proper operation will not be temporary.

Offline Teejay

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2020, 01:18:24 AM »
that is great news

i hope it's sorted permanently too

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)