Affinity Forums : PIRC Facebook Affinity : PIRC Webpage :
PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery : Affinity Graphics

Author Topic: Windows 10 Update ~ Lynn  (Read 49 times)

Offline LynnTopic starter

Windows 10 Update ~ Lynn
« on: September 14, 2020, 07:23:40 AM »
When I came to my computer this morning, there was a huge update. Microsoft warned me that there were multiple restarts and that it would take time to complete the update. They were right! After the update was complete, one change was immediately visible. The area at the bottom of the screen, which had been black, changed to a light gray. I wonder what besides the color scheme has changed?

Offline Linda2

Re: Windows 10 Update ~ Lynn
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2020, 07:41:33 AM »
Hmmm, I just checked and did not find any updates to mine although I did have a rather large one a few weeks ago.  I am running Win 10 Home and showing Build 19041.508.
If this is what you have I really did not notice any changes in my daily activities other than having to reset my printer, although that might have just been co-incidental. Interesting...

You have been assigned this mountain to show others it can be moved.

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2020, 08:31:04 AM »
My Windows Build is the same as yours. I wonder why it came to me weeks after your version was updated?

Offline Linda R

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2020, 09:12:18 AM »
I heard they were rolling this out slowly because some people had a lot of problems with it.  I got it a couple weeks ago and it worked fine!  (I was so relived!)  There are a few changes, there was a screen that came up on the Edge explorer that told what a lot of them were.  The only one I can remember at the moment is if you go to Setting, Personalization, color  there are a few changes there.  I know there is a change somewhere so the backgrounds on most screens is black.  There is also a change to your mouse cursor.  You can change the size and how it appears.  I like this because I can see the cursor much easier now.  I also like the back backgrounds, it's easier on my eyes.  I don't remember what else there was.

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2020, 09:29:22 AM »
That's weird! I had the black and after the change it's light gray! My desktop icon for Microsoft Edge changed on a prior update a couple of months ago to a much more attractive and modern look.

My biggest annoyance is that when I get a new Pinterest e-mail in Outlook and click on it to view in a browser, it now opens in Internet Explorer instead of Firefox and I don't know how to change it. Grrrr!

Offline Linda R

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2020, 03:30:42 PM »
Lynn, you might have to open Firefox and set it as your default browser.  I haven't used Firefox in quite awhile so I'm not sure, but it's my best guess!

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2020, 04:56:21 PM »
I have checked and Firefox is my default browser.

I can get to Pinterest.com by using it in Firefox. What I do with it that way remains to be seen.

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)